These are general rules to follow while playing backgammon.
- The dice must be rolled on the player?s right hand side of the board.
- The dice must be rolled together and land flat in the board. They must be re-rolled if one of the dice land outside of the board or crooked in the board.
- The turn is not over until the player picks up their dice. The player may not roll until the other player has completed their move and picked up their dice.
- If a player rolls before their opponent picks up their dice, they may have to roll again at the discretion of their opponent.
- If there is a moved played that is not legal, either player may correct the play as long as the correction occurs before the next player rolls. Any errors not corrected before then, remain as played.
Recently written and posted Backgammon Articles:
A Short BackgammonMasters Website Review
Their backgammon program can be downloaded from the website and it is very easy and fast to install, it does the needed updates on its own and selects that language automatically, if your language is available....
Written by Ovid Homer - Sunday, June 07, 2009
Hypergammon – Discover the Attractiveness of a New Backgammon Version
Even if it is a game where experience is very important, the surprise element of the backgammon game makes it so tempting....
Written by Audley Torgerson - Monday, June 01, 2009